Position: Head Coach
Location: Salto Gymnastics, Midleton, Co. Cork
Reports to: Managing Director
Contract: Fixed Term Contract, 25-30 hours per week for 12 months
Salary: Not disclosed
Purpose of the role: Supporting the managing director with the promotion and delivery of recreational and competitive club activities. Serves as the main point of contact for all level coaches and responsible for supervising and mentoring level 1 & 2 coaches.
Key Duties & Areas of Responsibility will include:
- Providing support to the managing director by overseeing delivery of all club activities including gymnastics and trampolining.
- Working closely with the managing director to enhance the services of the club and meet the targets set out in work plans.
- Responsible for the supervision and mentoring of level 1 & 2 coaches and escalating any issues to the managing director.
- Identifying progression routes for all level coaches and overseeing coaching and inhouse training plans.
- Preparing weekly, term and annual lesson plans and adapting when necessary to accommodate changes.
- Scheduling and co-ordinating the agenda for team meetings.
- Responding to general queries and escalating when necessary to the managing director.
- Ensuring the facility and equipment are cleaned according to health & safety protocol.
- Coordinating summer camps, workshops and coaching clinics as required.
- Overseeing the preparation of gymnasts for competitions and events and attending these events (both inhouse and external).
- Undertaking of other duties as and when required, including but not limited to, officer roles, volunteering activities, etc.
Essential requirements include:
- Strong technical knowledge of gymnastics required with technical knowledge of trampolining and/or acrobatics also beneficial.
- Have a recognised Level 2 gymnastics qualification with Gymnastics Ireland, British Gymnastics or similar body with a minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Be eligible to work in the EU.
- Demonstrated leadership, motivating skills with a preference for working in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a passion for helping children realise their potential.
- The candidate will be garda vetted, have completed relevant safeguarding course(s) and have a first aid qualification.
- This position involves evening and weekend work, therefore, the successful candidate will have a flexible approach to working hours.
Candidates interested in applying for this role should send their CV and a cover letter outlining their suitability via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday, 14 May 2021