How we protect and manage your personal data.
At Salto Gymnastics & Trampolining Club, we take our club members’ privacy seriously. It is important that you, as
parents/guardians know exactly what we do with personal information that you and others provide to us and why we gather it. This
document is being provided to you in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came
into force on 25 May 2018. From that date, the GDPR, together with applicable Irish requirements, will amend existing data
protection law and place enhanced accountability and transparency obligations on organisations when using your information. The
GDPR will also introduce changes which will give you greater control over your personal information, including a right to object to
processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our club purposes.
Please take time to read this notice carefully. If you have any questions about how we use your information, please contact our Data
Protection office at the details below. This summary explains the most important aspects of how we use your information and what
rights you have in relation to your personal information.
- Who we are throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer to Salto Gymnastics & Trampolining Club and its staff. Your information is held by our governing body Gymnastics Ireland.
- The information we collect about you. We will hold:
- Data to identify you/your child, including your contact information and any medical information which you have given us;
- • Information which we have received permission to use;
- • Other personal information such as: Security CCTV.
- When we collect your information We collect information using our registration forms. This information is then forwarded to our governing body Gymnastics Ireland and is also stored on our club data system.
- How we use your information and the legal basis : We use, and share, your data where:
- You have agreed or explicitly consented to the using of your data in a specific way, as per our rules and regulations;
- Use is necessary in relation to membership with our governing body.
- Who we share your information with, When providing our services to you, we may share your information with:
- Your authorised representatives;
- Gymnastics Ireland;
- Healthcare professional and medical consultants, where you have given permission.
- How long we hold your data, We hold your data while your child is a member of Salto Gymnastics & Trampolining Club. All data is shredded/deleted when/if you child leaves our club.
- Implications of not providing your data , If you do not provide information we will not be able to offer your child membership.
- How to exercise your information rights including the right to object, From 25 May 2018, you will have several enhanced rights in relation to how we use your information, including the right, with undue delay, to:
- • Find out if we use your information, access your information and receive copies of your information;
- • Have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated;
- • Object to use of your personal data for our legitimate club interests.